- I need a better non-electric coffee brewer. I, sadly, rely upon other people to fuel my caffeine addiction and even the electric coffee machine is a POS. *Mental Note* Grab my French press from the parents' house. (I am done drinking "sex in a canoe" coffee.)
- I miss having a gas stove. We lost power for 12 hours on Saturday and having an electric stove means no cooking. Fortunately, I have an indoor safe butane stove so I was able to keep DBF and I fed.
- What I missed more than my oven and multiple burners was hot water on demand. Washing dishes, especially after cooking bacon, is not easy with only cold water and soap.
- I miss grocery shopping. I haven't been to the store since Thursday and although I can feed the two of us for over a week out of the freezer and pantry, it isn't nearly as much fun.
- The insulated pump thermos was one of the best investments I never made (free from work). We had hot water for tea and coffee and I didn't have to use extra fuel to boil water every time we wanted a refill.
To your health! - KP